Lit Spot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For all the people who love to read and write.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

Go down 
+2
MeIsANerd
bookbuyer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bookbuyer
Second Rate
Second Rate
bookbuyer

Twilight  by Stephenie Meyer Empty
PostSubject: Twilight by Stephenie Meyer   Twilight  by Stephenie Meyer EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 7:42 pm

Okay, so I personally have no problem with this book. I thought it was wonderful, but I know that there's hater out there that will gladly throw me to the wolves for liking it. So get it all out of your system now.

*Please no crude language and please try to be considerate of other people opinions. Solo ranting is allowed.* Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MeIsANerd
Beginner
Beginner
MeIsANerd

PostSubject: Re: Twilight by Stephenie Meyer   Twilight  by Stephenie Meyer EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 7:56 pm

I had loved the Twilight series! When I first got my hands on it, it was just one of those series that had me hooked and I read it four times... hehe. After I slowly got over it, and all the fangirls and movie people started getting all crazy for it and annoyed the heck (*sigh* you have no idea how much I'm monitoring my language...) out of me. Stephenie Meyer is a lovely author, and for some reason her first series was a complete addiction to most everyone who read it... but she's not the best writer out there, and that was not the best series I'd ever read. The Host by her was amazing, btw!

I was extremely annoyed with both sides of the Twilight argument. Some people were so obsessed with it that's all they could talk about. Everything related to it. I'd read stories where girls broke up with their boyfriends because they weren't Edward... Friends got into fights over Team Edward and Team Jacob! Completely ridiculous.

Then there are the Twilight HATERS. They tore the book apart. Every little thing was terrible. Bella is a loser who can't choose between necrophilia and zoophilia or whatever. The immature argument of "Edward has no blood flow, he can't get it up!" is so completely annoying... since it's fiction! He's a vampire... he's not even supposed to be there technically.

Basically, in my opinion The Twilight series was good, but not something that keeps me obsessed as other series have in the past!

Anddd... that's the end of my Twilight opinion! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bookbuyer
Second Rate
Second Rate
bookbuyer

PostSubject: Re: Twilight by Stephenie Meyer   Twilight  by Stephenie Meyer EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 8:00 pm

Haha, I agree that her book the host was much better writtten. I don't really listen to gossip so I don't know quite how big the thing was. But I was honestly shocked at how much people hated the book. Yes it's not the best book ever written, but at the same time it is quite good.

Back to top Go down
Taste-Tested
Beginner
Beginner
Taste-Tested

PostSubject: Re: Twilight by Stephenie Meyer   Twilight  by Stephenie Meyer EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 11:17 am

I am Reed and I am a proud Twilight Hater. As is everyone I associate closely with. xD; But yes, back to the point.

My major problems (in list-like form):
-the characters have less substance than a cardboard cutout.

-the book is set in the real world ergo the geography at least should be correct. As far as I am aware (due to others pointing it out to me), it isn't. Stupidity or ignorance, I wonder?

-When it isn't about Bella and Edward being "so in love" it is about how Jacob and Bella are "such perfect friends". The books are about her wanting to get laid for goodness sakes, am I the only one seeing that here? e_e

-I don't care that vampires aren't real. I do care that SM states that there is nothing but venom running through his veins (or nothing at all?) and then writes that he actually manages to... let's say; culminate his relationship with Bella. All the logical stuff aside she actually ignores her own writing to do this.

-... the detail. The lack of it then the over-abundance of it. >_< wtf is up with that.

- Bella is supposedly this loner/weirdo/idiot, she basically says this herself. But then every guy is falling in love with her, and she has friends everywhere, and she gets great grades. She is a Mary-Sue in very poor disguise, perhaps unintentionally, but all the same.

-the writing just is not decent. It's adequate, but nothing else.

-the flood of vampire/romance books that encompass 80% of the Teenage-fiction sections in bookstores now because the saga was so successful. (okay, that isn't something I can directly hold against the series but I needed to mention it.)

I'll probably expand upon all this later but the above^ is enough for me just now. (and ah, the text is all so big on the forum. ;_; )
Back to top Go down
WaffleMayo
WaffleMayo

PostSubject: Re: Twilight by Stephenie Meyer   Twilight  by Stephenie Meyer EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 1:51 pm

Taste-Tested wrote:
I am Reed and I am a proud Twilight Hater. As is everyone I associate closely with. xD; But yes, back to the point.

-the characters have less substance than a cardboard cutout.

-the book is set in the real world ergo the geography at least should be correct. As far as I am aware (due to others pointing it out to me), it isn't. Stupidity or ignorance, I wonder?

-When it isn't about Bella and Edward being "so in love" it is about how Jacob and Bella are "such perfect friends". The books are about her wanting to get laid for goodness sakes, am I the only one seeing that here? e_e

-I don't care that vampires aren't real. I do care that SM states that there is nothing but venom running through his veins (or nothing at all?) and then writes that he actually manages to... let's say; culminate his relationship with Bella. All the logical stuff aside she actually ignores her own writing to do this.

-... the detail. The lack of it then the over-abundance of it. >_< wtf is up with that.

- Bella is supposedly this loner/weirdo/idiot, she basically says this herself. But then every guy is falling in love with her, and she has friends everywhere, and she gets great grades. She is a Mary-Sue in very poor disguise, perhaps unintentionally, but all the same.

-the writing just is not decent. It's adequate, but nothing else.

-the flood of vampire/romance books that encompass 80% of the Teenage-fiction sections in bookstores now because the saga was so successful. (okay, that isn't something I can directly hold against the series but I needed to mention it.)

I'll probably expand upon all this later but the above^ is enough for me just now. (and ah, the text is all so big on the forum. ;_; )

I would like to take all of the above and modify them to my liking. Excuse my copy/pastingness.

-the characters have less substance than a cardboard cutout. Well actually, there ARE cardboard cutouts of the characters, so I would like to say that they have the same amount of substance as a cardboard cutout.

-the book is set in the real world ergo the geography at least should be correct. As far as I am aware (due to others pointing it out to me), it isn't. Stupidity or ignorance, I wonder? I think it's both stupidity AND ignorance.

-When it isn't about Bella and Edward being "so in love" it is about how Jacob and Bella are "such perfect friends". The books are about her wanting to get laid for goodness sakes, am I the only one seeing that here? e_e Well I don't see the "goodness sakes" part, cuz obviously there is no GOOD reason for her to want to get laid, but yes I totally agree. Stephenie Meyer is trying to teach teenage girls to be completely dependant on boyfriends and having "relations."

-I don't care that vampires aren't real. I do care that SM states that there is nothing but venom running through his veins (or nothing at all?) and then writes that he actually manages to... let's say; culminate his relationship with Bella. All the logical stuff aside she actually ignores her own writing to do this. I'm not quite sure what you meant by this part, but yeah, I don't like Edward xD

-... the detail. The lack of it then the over-abundance of it. >_< wtf is up with that. She obviously wasn't good at making it consistant now was she?

- Bella is supposedly this loner/weirdo/idiot, she basically says this herself. But then every guy is falling in love with her, and she has friends everywhere, and she gets great grades. She is a Mary-Sue in very poor disguise, perhaps unintentionally, but all the same. I think it's so atrocious that Stephenie Meyer did that. She made a lot of average girls think they'll someday have a ton of guys fighting over them and one of them will be a vampire. That's just so unrealistic. Have you seen My Life is Twilight? "Oh I have brown hair, I'm so Bella." UGH

-the writing just is not decent. It's adequate, but nothing else. Well it's better than I would've done, but I agree. Not spectacular.

-the flood of vampire/romance books that encompass 80% of the Teenage-fiction sections in bookstores now because the saga was so successful. (okay, that isn't something I can directly hold against the series but I needed to mention it.) Actually, I like a lot of those books. I actually like them a lot more than twilight. For example, the House of Night series, and the Vampire Academy series. Both better than twilight, and I LOVE the vampire academy series.

Other than that, I think my only other problem with the series is that it has gotten WAY too popular. Here's the way my brain/situation works.

A while ago my friend Clare says: Hey look at this book. I read it last year and it's pretty good. Wanna read it?
Me: Sure!
*reads entire series in less than a week*
Me: I loved it!
Clare: Me too!
Prep: Hey guys did you read Twilight? It was totally cool.
Me: Clare I'm sorry but now I have to hate it.
Back to top Go down
http://sharemyopinion.proboards.com/index.cgi
ramsvolleyball1
Third Rate
Third Rate
ramsvolleyball1

PostSubject: Re: Twilight by Stephenie Meyer   Twilight  by Stephenie Meyer EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 2:16 pm

i havent read it but i pratically know the whole story. some people, thats all they talk about. im all for loving books but when you choose sides and outwardly fight about it, thats stepping the line in my opinion. the haters who rip the books, thats also stepping the line i think. people tell me that they read it but it wasnt the best ever, its just people need something new to be obsessed with. first harry potter, so now they need something new and twilight had all the fantasy things that people love. thats my opinion at least
Back to top Go down
MoonLitWolf
Beginner
Beginner
MoonLitWolf

PostSubject: Re: Twilight by Stephenie Meyer   Twilight  by Stephenie Meyer EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 7:32 pm

I really don't know whether I like it or not, because at first I loved it but now that everyone's going crazy over I realize that it really isn't that great, but still a pretty good book.
Back to top Go down
MeIsANerd
Beginner
Beginner
MeIsANerd

PostSubject: Re: Twilight by Stephenie Meyer   Twilight  by Stephenie Meyer EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 7:46 pm

^^ Same thing with me. I loved it, then I hated it, then I was like "well actually it's still a pretty good book"
Back to top Go down
ramsvolleyball1
Third Rate
Third Rate
ramsvolleyball1

PostSubject: Re: Twilight by Stephenie Meyer   Twilight  by Stephenie Meyer EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 8:58 am

hmmm, i just wish everyone would drop the whole team thing at least
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twilight by Stephenie Meyer   Twilight  by Stephenie Meyer Empty

Back to top Go down

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
Page 1 of 1