Lit Spot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For all the people who love to read and write.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

yay another first post!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bookbuyer
Second Rate
Second Rate
bookbuyer

yay another first post! Empty
PostSubject: yay another first post!   yay another first post! EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 2:52 pm

Okay so this is probably mostly directed at the admins, but if anyone else wants to join in and offer suggestion and help that would be awesomeness.

So I've been on a few forums and some things I've liked and some I haven't. I would like to offer a suggestion to the admins of adding a thread thing (sorry don't know the technical term) for general help with writing.

1) I know this has just started so maybe you have already planned to add this, if so please ignore this. Very Happy

2) Yes I know that there is already a critiquing thread. But this one would be not for personal story help, well maybe a bit but more for general.

Like how to show vs. tell in writing.

Grammar help (god knows I need that. LOL )

Technical things like that where newbie writers can ask more experienced writers how to do certain technical writing.

I don't know. I'll just sit back and see what everyone thinks. study
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: yay another first post!   yay another first post! EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 3:24 pm

That's a very good idea, I hadn't thought of that. We could like put a general thing in the "First Stop" forum, you think? I'll ask my co admin [flame] about it, thanks (:
Back to top Go down
https://litspot.forumotion.com
bookbuyer
Second Rate
Second Rate
bookbuyer

PostSubject: Re: yay another first post!   yay another first post! EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 3:28 pm

Admin wrote:
That's a very good idea, I hadn't thought of that. We could like put a general thing in the "First Stop" forum, you think? I'll ask my co admin [flame] about it, thanks (:

I don't personally think it would be good to put it in the 'first stop' forum. I think it would be better in the 'Your Work forum'. But if you started it in the first stop forum then later moved it to the 'Your Work' forum then more people would notice it. I don't know, did that make any sense at all? scratch

Last edited by bookbuyer on Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Knifapotamas
Beginner
Beginner

PostSubject: Re: yay another first post!   yay another first post! EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 3:29 pm

Very Happy If you make this, I'd love to be one of the peeps people wanting writing advice can talk to...? C:
Back to top Go down
bookbuyer
Second Rate
Second Rate
bookbuyer

PostSubject: Re: yay another first post!   yay another first post! EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 3:31 pm

Knifapotamas wrote:
Very Happy If you make this, I'd love to be one of the peeps people wanting writing advice can talk to...? C:

That's awesome! I personally am not experience enough to offer advice myself, but I'll try to help with some of the more general stuff. Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: yay another first post!   yay another first post! EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 3:32 pm

bookbuyer wrote:
Admin wrote:

I don't personally think it would be good to put it in the 'first stop' forum. I think it would be better in the 'Your Work forum'. But if you started it in the first stop forum then later moved it to the 'Your Work' forum then more people would notice it. I don't know, did that make any sense at all? scratch

hmm, you think more people would notice it if you put it in the you work forum. What if i just make a whole new forum, and it just it would be a question and answer forum, and we could put basic grammar rules there too. what do you think ?
Back to top Go down
bookbuyer
Second Rate
Second Rate
bookbuyer

PostSubject: Re: yay another first post!   yay another first post! EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 3:38 pm

Honestly I don't know. I got this idea from another forum. The way they did it was they had a general writing interest forum. It had:

Basic Writing Questions
Novels
Writing for Kids
Young Adult
Short Fiction
Scripts, Stage and Screen
Nonfiction
Poetry
Blogging and Social Networking
Comic Book and Graphic Novels
Business and Technical

Now at this point, this website probably doesn't need all of this. Besides I don't even know half of what the above would be for. But if you have a general writing forum and maybe had Basic Writing Questions and maybe one or two of the other writing categories or other ones you think of I think that would be great. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: yay another first post!   yay another first post! EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 3:48 pm

Thanks bookbuyer, I will defiantly keep all this in mind! And I can talk to Flame too, these are really helpful ideas.(:
Back to top Go down
bookbuyer
Second Rate
Second Rate
bookbuyer

PostSubject: Re: yay another first post!   yay another first post! EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 3:50 pm

Admin wrote:
Thanks bookbuyer, I will defiantly keep all this in mind! And I can talk to Flame too, these are really helpful ideas.(:

Your welcome. If I have any more ideas I'll post them. Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: yay another first post!   yay another first post! EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 3:51 pm

You know you can post without quoting what i say right? I was just wondering xDD
Back to top Go down
bookbuyer
Second Rate
Second Rate
bookbuyer

PostSubject: Re: yay another first post!   yay another first post! EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 3:52 pm

Yup! It's just easier, especially if someone else posts before you do, when your writing. Less confusion. Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: yay another first post!   yay another first post! EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 3:53 pm

Oh, alright, carry on then xDD
Back to top Go down
bookbuyer
Second Rate
Second Rate
bookbuyer

PostSubject: Re: yay another first post!   yay another first post! EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 3:54 pm

Laughing
Back to top Go down
ramsvolleyball1
Third Rate
Third Rate
ramsvolleyball1

PostSubject: Re: yay another first post!   yay another first post! EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 12:42 pm

I WISH THERE WERE MORE PEOPLE HERE, YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN???? I GOTTA GET PEOPLE TO COME ON HERE
Back to top Go down
bookbuyer
Second Rate
Second Rate
bookbuyer

PostSubject: Re: yay another first post!   yay another first post! EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 4:17 pm

yup, we should try to lure as many people here as we can. Smile
Back to top Go down
ramsvolleyball1
Third Rate
Third Rate
ramsvolleyball1

PostSubject: Re: yay another first post!   yay another first post! EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 5:45 pm

im trying my best
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: yay another first post!   yay another first post! Empty

Back to top Go down

yay another first post!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lit Spot :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: