Lit Spot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For all the people who love to read and write.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Use your voice for books you love!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
daniellabrodsky
Beginner
Beginner

Use your voice for books you love! Empty
PostSubject: Use your voice for books you love!   Use your voice for books you love! EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 3:03 pm

Readers, I'd like to take this moment to say thank you for sharing book info this way. I'm not even going to point you to my latest novel, which you can easily find here on amazon (SHAPE Magazine says if you read one book, you should make it this one; OK, that was a little shameless...); instead I want you to think about how simple and powerful and logical it is that like-minded readers honestly review books this way. Kudos to you for using your voice! It's like in the old days, when word of mouth was the most important element in book selling. Sad but true: You may not know what a service you are doing to readers around the world by participating! Most books have a very short period to make the numbers publishers want to see, and these books don't get into the hands of the media, nor do they get the advertising of the big books like Twilight or Norah Roberts. This may not seem like such a big deal, but the trial period publishers are giving a book to sell is shrinking. Eventually, new voices without the numbers of the established voices won't have a chance at all. Think what a shame that would be to readers, writers, and the world at large! I urge you; if you love a book, tell the world! That is a powerful place to be, and with venues like this, we've all got the power. So let's use it. Here's my shameless push for a book I loved this year, that you probably never heard of: THE ANATOMY OF WINGS, by Karen Foxlee.
Best,
Daniella Brodsky
Back to top Go down
WaffleMayo
WaffleMayo

PostSubject: Re: Use your voice for books you love!   Use your voice for books you love! EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 3:32 pm

Amen to that! I completely agree, with the getting word out about books. I like to read pretty much anything myself, and if I can find that one you recommended, I'll read it. ^.^
Back to top Go down
http://sharemyopinion.proboards.com/index.cgi
ramsvolleyball1
Third Rate
Third Rate
ramsvolleyball1

PostSubject: Re: Use your voice for books you love!   Use your voice for books you love! EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 6:50 pm

wait wasnt this under another forum?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Use your voice for books you love!   Use your voice for books you love! Empty

Back to top Go down

Use your voice for books you love!
Page 1 of 1